Activist Hub: Empowering Civic Activism of Young Women
For five years now, the “Women’s Rights Center” has been building cooperation with non-governmental organizations that represent women’s rights through joint projects and initiatives, as well as individual capacities in representing women’s rights.
The aim of the project is to strengthen the social activism of young women through educational, artistic and practical activities and participation in the implementation of the celebration of March 8 – the International Women’s Day.
We want to provide participants with space for acquiring and exchanging knowledge in the field of political, economic, social and cultural rights of women, for establishing cooperation and solidarity in the field of women’s activism and art, as well as for their direct participation in creating and implementing activist content.
The project includes the following activities:
1. Small School of Smashing Patriarchy, conceived as a series of lectures on the topic of political, economic and cultural rights of women, the history of the women’s movement in Montenegro and gender-based violence against women.
2. Short Course of Cutting the Patriarchy, which consists of theoretical and practical creative workshops in the field of design and promotion of feminist principles in the field of art.
3. The Beat of the Protest – a drumming workshop for women and youth.
4. Formation of a women’s activist “hub” that will operate at the local level.
5. The Day of Smashing the Patriarchy – an exhibition of works created on the ” Short Course of Cutting the Patriarchy ” and introduction of wider audience to the work of the organization.
The realization of the project was supported by the “Fund for Active Citizenship ” and the US Embassy in Montenegro.