NGO ‘Women’s Rights Center’ (WRC), based in Podgorica, was founded in 2012, on the basis of the founders’ long-term experience in providing support to women victims of domestic violence and other violations of women’s human rights.
The basic objectives of the establishment and functioning of the Organization are:
• Promotion of women’s human rights and gender equality;
• Empowering women survivors of family violence / partner violence trough counselling, psychological and legal support;
• Connecting with other organizations / institutions dealing with protection and promotion of women’s human rights.
Goals of the Organization are implemented through three programs:
1. Advocacy and monitoring implementation of policies in the field of gender equality and women’s human rights;
2. Support services for victims of family violence:
– Initial counselling and support of the women’s advocates;
– Representation before institutions and free legal support;
– Psychological counselling.
3. Culture Program
Promotion of women’s creativity and organization of cultural, artistic and educational programs with the aim of promoting feminist and anti-fascist principles and the fight for women’s equality and encouraging activism through creative work.
MISSION AND VISION
Women’s Rights Center is a non-profit, non-party aligned, non-religious organization that fights for the suppression of all forms of violence against women and their access to justice, developing gender equitable democratic practices and cooperation with all relevant domestic and international actors in Montenegro.
GENDER EQUALITY, ACCESS TO JUSTICE AND SOCIETY WITHOUT VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN – OUR REALITY
Maja Raičević, Executive Director
Ana Jaredić, Psychologist / Coordinator of Support Services for Family Violence Survivors Program
Tanja Markuš, Coordinator of the Program for Art and Culture/ Designer / Translator
Anita Stijepčević, Advocacy Program Coordinator
Dijana Veljić, Social worker
Teodora Ciriviri, Financial manager
Izabela Kordić, Advocacy Program Assistant
Zorica Konatar, social worker
Sara Nikčević, Project Coordinator/ Researcher
LEGAL REPRESENTATION TEAM:
Jovana Pavlović, Lawyer
Tijana Živković, Lawyer
Veljko Baćović, Lawyer