NGO ‘Women’s Rights Center’ (WRC), based in Podgorica, was founded on the 3rd of May 2012. It was established on the basis of the founders’ long-term experience in providing support to women victims of domestic violence and other violations of women’s human rights.
The basic objectives of the establishment and functioning of the Organization are:
• Promotion of women’s human rights and gender equality;
• Empowering women survivors of family violence / partner violence trough counselling, psychological and legal support;
• Connecting with other organizations / institutions dealing with protection and promotion of women’s human rights.
Goals of the Organization are implemented through three programs:
1. Advocacy and monitoring implementation of policies in the field of gender equality and women’s human rights;
2. Support services for victims of family violence:
– Initial counselling and support of the women’s advocates;
– Representation before institutions and free legal support;
– Psychological counselling.
3. Culture Program
Art, cultural and educational projects which aim at communicating feminist principles and the value of respecting gender equality in different forms trough intersection of artistic and activist skills ( Marking of March 8th – the International Women’s Day, public lectures, creative workshops for young artists, educational workshops on women’s rights and the principles of fighting for gender equality, public protests, exhibitions)