NGO ‘Women’s Rights Center’ (WRC), based in Podgorica, was founded on the 3rd of May 2012. It was established on the basis of the founders’ long-term experience in providing support to women victims of domestic violence and other violations of women’s human rights.
The basic objectives of the establishment and functioning of the Organization are:
• Promotion of women’s human rights and gender equality;
• Empowering women survivors of family violence / partner violence trough counselling, psychological and legal support;
• Connecting with other organizations / institutions dealing with protection and promotion of women’s human rights.
Goals of the Organization are implemented through three programs:
1. Advocacy and monitoring implementation of policies in the field of gender equality and women’s human rights;
2. Support services for victims of family violence:
– Initial counselling and support of the women’s advocates;
– Representation before institutions and free legal support;
– Psychological counselling.
3. Culture Program
Promotion of women’s creativity, cultural and educational programs and economic empowerment of our clients through participation in creative workshops.